Christmas With The Cratchits
A modern reimagining of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol.
New writing by Danielle Maycox brings the story of the Cratchit family into a modern light. Twenty years after Scrooge’s Christmas Day revelation we catch up with (not so Tiny) Tim as he finds himself presented with an important decision which forces him to grapple with the notion of his independence.
With all the ingredients of Dickens’ Christmas classic and a sprinkling of Proud and Loud Arts magic, Danielle Maycox presents a family festive show full of fun, jeopardy and puppetry too.
Ailsing Leyne (Puppeteer), Chrissy Carol Jones, Danielle Maycox, Daryll Duncan, Janet Charlsworth, Katherine Godfrey (Support Performer), Kelly Hoye, Michael Gleave, Phil Breadney (Puppeteer), Siobhan Rocks (BSL Performer), Toby Taylor.
- Director – Tom Hogan
- Writer – Danielle Maycox
- Lighting Design – Tamsin Drury
- Technical support – Stacey Potter
- Costume and Set Design – Nerissa Cargill Thompson
- Technical Stage Management – Imogen Baron-Wells, Jenny Battle, Katherine Godfrey, Sean McGlynn
- Videographer – Phil Smethurst
- Images – Chris Payne
- Illustrator – Lizzie Finlay
- Puppet Design & Maker – Jamie Marks
We are currently in discussion with new commissioning partners to develop the work further as we build tour dates in 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and to learn more.